Easyship Collect is the first crowdfunding post-campaign survey, which enables backers to pre-pay their insurance, taxes and duties, and upgrade or pay their shipping costs! With Easyship Collect, campaigns can either collect shipping costs with their perks OR simply get their perks backed and collect shipping costs from backers 6-8 weeks prior to shipment; saving the campaign owner’s margin and allowing the backer to choose a shipping experience in line with their expectations.
What is Easyship Collect?
Easyship Collect is a new product offering from Easyship, the leading shipping software enabling borderless commerce. To put it simply, Easyship Collect is a post-campaign survey that gives your backers a choice on their shipping experience, including the ability to:
- Prepay their shipping label or upgrade their shipment to a premium shipping method like expedited delivery, to include tracking, etc;
- Prepay duty and tax for convenient cross-border delivery;
- Add shipping insurance up to $5,000 for only 1-3% of order cost.
Historically, shipping solutions like Easyship would advise campaign owners to account for shipping costs as 15-20% of total funds raised. In the era of COVID, however, we’ve seen increased first mile surcharges and delivery delays cause trouble for entrepreneurs, leading to decreased profitably and trust with backers.
With Easyship Collect, campaign owners gain greater control over their shipping costs while also elevating backer satisfaction with a bouquet of delivery options.
Campaigns owners now have two choices when setting up shipping for their campaigns:
- Omit shipping costs from the price of your perks. Allow backers to prepay for their own shipping label prior to shipping via Easyship Collect and launch with a lower perk cost to drive adoption.
- Include shipping in the price of your perks, then collect all add-on shipping costs later via survey. You can credit this amount to buyers using Easyship Collect to offset their final costs.
Both methods allow campaign owners to retain better control over their margins. Meanwhile, backers get the experience they deserve. And since this is an Easyship product, all survey-gathered shipping labels and preferences sync instantly with the Easyship dashboard for truly streamlined logistics.
Easyship Collect Pricing
Campaigns using Easyship Collect incur a one-time set up fee starting at $1.99 per backer. The more backers you have, the lower your rate. Additionally, backers pay a small percentage (5%) of their order cost as a transaction fee, which includes all taxes.
How to Ship with Easyship Collect and Indiegogo
Easyship has partnered with global courier companies, fulfillment centers, and marketplaces to make crowdfunding fulfillment as easy as possible.
All survey responses are automatically updated in the Easyship dashboard with their respective orders, including the accurate shipping information. Then all shipment data is synced between Indiegogo, Easyship, and your chosen fulfillment company (if any).
The screenshot below is the Easyship dashboard with all backer shipping details from the survey.
- Campaign now, ship later: Launch your campaign without delay. Inform backers they’ll have the option to prepay or upgrade their shipping at the end. With premium shipping and insurance on the table, you’re more likely to convert risk-adverse backers in faraway places. This way you can launch with more affordable perks from the get-go!
- Go to production: Shipping costs vary based on the product dimensions and quantity.
- Account for your shipping: With Easyship, Indiegogo entrepreneurs gain access to experts to advise them of their costs and opportunities when fulfilling. Once your orders are in and products are completed, you can get accurate quotes and solutions to meet your needs.
- Launch Easyship Collect: Gather shipping preferences and payments from backers in our secure survey portal. Send surveys at least one month before your ship date to give backers time to respond. You can see all reply statuses in your Easyship Collect dashboard, and re-send surveys to backers if needed.
- Fulfill Your Orders: Manage all shipment activity and details in your shipping dashboard. Generate shipping labels, print, and share tracking details directly to Indiegogo. Everything you need to fulfill and manage orders is in Easyship.
Easyship Collect is the first crowdfunding shipping solution built with makers in mind. Of course, campaign managers also benefit hugely: keep your margins up, avoid headaches related to unknown production costs and courier surcharges, minimize customs issues. Instead, focus on what you do best: creating. Easyship Collect makes it simple to get your products to backers as cost-effectively and conveniently as possible, for everyone.
Want help creating a customized fulfillment plan for your crowdfunding campaign? Get in touch with Easyship’s dedicated crowdfunding fulfillment experts for a full walkthrough, or simply create your free Easyship account to get started.